Contribute to our future strategic direction
Opportunity for growth and development
Outstanding and supportive team culture and environment
If you are looking for a challenging, yet rewarding accounting opportunity, where you can really make a difference and be able to influence strategy, then this could be the role for you.
A bit about us
The Australian Institute of Fitness is the largest and most reputable provider of fitness qualifications in Australasia. Our mission is to ‘Train Warriors Against SeDS’ (Sedentary Death Syndrome). We achieve this by graduating over 6,000 personal trainers nationally per year, with over 80% of our graduates receiving immediate employment opportunities once completing their programs.
Put simply, we are #1 in Fitness Careers!
Are you our new Company Accountant?
Reporting to the Finance Manager, we are seeking a driven, energetic and enthusiastic Accountant to join the Institute Finance Team on a full time basis, located in Fortitude Valley, QLD. The purpose of this role is to provide accountability on;
- End of month reporting including journal entries, fixed assets maintenance and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss statements on a monthly basis
- Monthly management reports, including analysis of variances to the budget/forecast
- Identify process improvement areas
- Assist with compliance and lodgement of payroll tax, BAS, IAS and superannuation returns
- Assist with compilation of budgets, forecasts and cash flow planning functions
- Assist with the annual audit and reporting process
- Assist in project work
Does this sound like you?
We are looking for a quick thinking individual who will possess the following;
- 3-5 years experience in similar role
- University Degree in Accounting / Business / Commerce is required
- CA or CPA qualification (completed or nearing completion)
- Ability to work independently as well as team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel
- Previous QuickBooks experience is desirable
- You will need a hands on proactive approach to process improvement, strong attention to detail and ability to liaise with key stakeholders to add value
Experience within the RTO/VET sector will be highly regarded.
Icing on the Cake
Our Fun, Fresh, Friendly and First values ensure that we truly offer a one of a kind working environment, with a team culture that rewards and recognises success and supports a healthy work-life balance.
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant, commensurate with skills and experience. You will also have the benefits of on-site car parking and ability to use our fully equipped gym.
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity we require a current resume and a detailed cover letter outlining why you are the ideal candidate for this position. You must also have full working rights within Australia.
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity. Click on 'Apply Now' to submit your application.